- 1kg minced chicken
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 egg
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- Cheddar Cheese
- condiments, such as mustard or tomato sauce (ketchup), to serve
- hot chips, to serve
Combine the chicken, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Shape into 4 large flat patties (larger than the sandwich you have chosen as the patties will shrink when cooked).
Cook the onion rings in a frying pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes each side.
Add the patties and cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
Add cheddar cheese on the burger and let it melt.
Place the sandwich bases on serving plates and top with lettuce, a patty, tomato, pickles, onion rings and condiments and sandwich with the bun tops.
Serve with hot chips.